A Useful Commencement Speech:
John Greene was recently asked to deliver the commencement speech at Baylor University for the graduating 2013 class; and the result was pretty awesome. The lessons of humility, happiness, learning to be a nobody; and learning to not be a jerk are just as valid for the person who has long since graduated from college as well as the uneducated.
I really appreciated his wit and his humor and I would urge the same as he did;
Always allow for the possibility “Have a nice birthday sir, despite everything” being the translation for those things we don’t understand in life; whether it’s graffiti in another language, or a person or situation you’re having trouble wrapping your mind around.
- My Favorite Commencement Speeches- Congratulations Class of 2013! (galacia.wordpress.com)
- The Commencement Speech I Wish Someone Had Given at My Graduation (justinkownacki.com)
- Arianna Huffington’s Commencement Speech On ‘Redefining Success: The Third Metric’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- The Learning Network: Commencement 2013 | Things to Watch, Read, Teach and Do (learning.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Lessons from the best commencement speakers (postcards.blogs.fortune.cnn.com)
- President Obama’s Naval Academy Commencement Speech – ABC News (abcnews.go.com)