Tomas Young is an inspiration to us all.
His advocacy and his message led to him becoming the subject of a documentary film entitled “Body of War” which documented his transition back into society as well as his activism and advocacy efforts following his injury.
Standing up for what’s right is something that comes second nature to Tomas, despite being wheelchair bound. Thats what I call heart.
Plagued by mishaps and medical setbacks, (the most recent of which was having his colon removed;), ever since that fateful moment he ended up in a snipers sight, or line of fire, Tomas Young currently lives in hospice care and is preparing to die;
Naturally, he wasn’t going without first saying goodbye to those responsible for the Iraq War.
His “Last Letter” offers an extremely powerful condemnations of war; made all the more powerful because it obviously comes from a very real place.
Watch the clip, read the text; let it all sink in and then let me know about your thoughts while you’re at it!
- Pawns Are Always Expendable When Played (thepeoplesvoice.org)
- Iraq veteran goes from political to personal (wyff4.com)
- Veterans Commit Suicide From a Good Conscience (leaksource.wordpress.com)
- Bush’s Lame Defense of Iraq War Decisions Is Outrageous (truthdig.com)
- Recommended Documentary “Body of War” (rigohc.wordpress.com)
- Baffling Rise in Military Suicides (NYTimes.com)
- An Army of One