One of these days we AREN’T going to be able to talk our way out of as situation like this. In the consistent antagonism the United States and South Korea show towards the North, through ongoing “military exercises” we engage in well within reach from them was due to eventually boil over.
I don’t know what it is that doesn’t allow us from accepting the wisdom of our parents or ourselves when talking to our children. If you can’t play nicely together, then don’t play at all; or don’t focus on what their doing over there, we have enough things to focus on here in our own country.
The United States would have a much easier time at ensuring the cooperation of these “rogue” nations, if our words didn’t have a hollow ring to them on issues of human rights, state repression or nuclear proliferation.
In light of our having just gotten out of Iraq, and soon Afghanistan as well It’s my hope more moderate heads take over this discussion; never allowing the “Hawks” within our government the opportunity to lead us into yet another situation no one really want’s to be in, but only time will tell.
- Standoff Over N Korea Kaesong Zone Continues (on.aol.com)
- U.S., Japan offer new talks with North Korea amid nuclear and missile programs standoff (sammyscoops.wordpress.com)
- North Korea reportedly warns Japan to be first target over order to destroy missiles (foxnews.com)
- US, Japan raise chance of new NKorea nuclear talks (omaha.com)
- Obama: N. Korea doesn’t have nuclear missile (edition.cnn.com)