CRIME AND INCARCERATION AROUND THE WORLD:
U.S. vs. South Africa
- Incarceration rate per 100,000 population in South Africa under apartheid (1993) : 368
- Incarceration rate per 100,000 Black males in South Africa under apartheid (1993) : 851
- Incarceration rate per 100,000 African-American males in the United States under George W. Bush (2001) : 4,848
This page is an excerpt from The Prison Index: Taking the Pulse of the Crime Control Industry (2003) by Peter Wagner, published by the Western Prison Project and the Prison Policy Initiative..
Do We Really Still Think There Is Not A Problem With The Way We Approach Law Enforcement?
Please contribute, I would like to hear your thoughts, arguments, agreements, or disagreements. I would just like to hear
REMEMBER! SILENCE IS THE SAME AS GUILT!
- Rodney King
- International Anti-Apartheid Year (ahradwani.com)
- Should we call it apartheid? (mondoweiss.net)
- South African Artists Against Apartheid a Declaration (windowintopalestine.blogspot.com)
- Profits, Competition, and Social Welfare-Becker (becker-posner-blog.com)
- The future of the Arab Spring: Islam, Islamism, growing paranoia and future prospects – Part II (theromangate.wordpress.com)