Mother Jones, consistently one of my favorite and most respected indpendant news sources came out with this article last month explaining the Trayvon Martin case according to the evidence available to the public now. I know that MoJo said they would be updating the article regularly as new evidence becomes available.
This is a great resource for anyone unfamiliar with the case to become acquainted as well as bringing back up to date those of us who have allowed the increased clamor leading up to the General Election this novermber to push the case back onto the sideburner. I still believe that the Trayvon Martin case and how it is handled is going to continue to prove a damning guidestick regarding the racist nature of our society and our legal system. In regards to the source
- Infographic: How Quickly ‘Stand Your Ground’ Spread Nationwide (colorlines.com)
- Parents of Trayvon Martin Visit Capitol Hill (distriction.com)
- WATCH: What the Law Has to Do With Trayvon Martin’s Killing [Fiore Cartoon] (motherjones.com)
- Justice Department to Investigate Trayvon Martin Shooting (theatlanticwire.com)
- Reefer Madness in the Trayvon Case (motherjones.com)
- Who is George Zimmerman, and why did he shoot Trayvon Martin? (csmonitor.com)