Despite this (if it is even entirely accurate something to which I have doubts with all the blame the victim stuff going on), I still feel that Zimmerman needs to serve time for the death of the unarmed Treyvan Martin. He was not LEGALLY appointed to any legitimate/recognized neighborhood watch affiliation. He did not undergo special training to infer whether someone was guilty of anything other than looking suspicious, didn’t take any special training period, other than that required to receive his concealed firearm permit…. He escalated the situation which led to the death of an unarmed person and he should have to serve time. Just as someone who is negligent with their driving would be held accountable through vehicular manslaughter if it resulted in the death of someone (accidental or not). Zimmerman should at the very least be held accountable for manslaughter due to the tragic result of his decision to disregard law enforcement, and take the law into his own hands.
- Worst Case Scenario: The Trayvon Martin Case (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says (lesliebrodie.wordpress.com)
- Zimmerman: Trayvon Martin’s Final Words Were ‘Okay, You Got It’ (oldschool945.com)
- UPDATE: George Zimmerman To Be Charged In Trayvon Martin Shooting, Official Says (annem040359.wordpress.com)
- Prosecutors allude to inconsistencies in George Zimmerman’s story (examiner.com)