George Zimmerman lawyers withdraw from Trayvon Martin case after losing contact with their client

Another interesting development in this sad soap-opera.  Could things possibly get any more strange?  (dont answer that).  I forgot that we’re talking about the state of sunshine, oranges, retired people, and baby killers (I’m sure the distinction between the last two isnt always so cut and dry

National Post | News

By Tom Brown

SANFORD, Fla. — George Zimmerman’s lawyers withdrew from his defence on Tuesday after the man who shot and killed an unarmed black Florida teenager telephoned prosecutors directly, contacted a television journalist and set up a website all without their knowledge.

Defence lawyers Craig Sonner and Mark Uhrig said they lost contact with their client on Sunday and were concerned for his mental and physical health following a wave a protests across the country that have demanded Zimmerman’s arrest for the death of Trayvon Martin, 17.

“We have lost contact with him,” Sonner told a news conference outside the Seminole County Courthouse in Sanford, Florida, the town where Martin was shot.

The decision by the lawyers to step down marks the latest twist in a case that has captured national attention because of race and Florida’s controversial self-defense laws.

[np-related]

Earlier in the week Sonner said that Zimmerman…

View original post 455 more words

Advertisements

One thought on “George Zimmerman lawyers withdraw from Trayvon Martin case after losing contact with their client”

Questions Comments Snide Remarks?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s